View Course Statistics
To see the statistics for a particular course, open the Courses tab, click the course you want to see the statistics for, then click Statistics. You are presented with the following information:
Overall Course Statistics
This section gives you some general numbers, such as:
- The Average Result value shows the average result among all learners who have completed the course. For example, suppose that a course is assigned to thee learners. One of them gets a 100% result, the other 50%, the third does not start the course at all. The Average Result in this scenario will be (100% + 50%) / 2, that is, 75%. The learner who has not started the course does not affect the Average Result.
The Average Result value can be used to gauge both the difficulty and the quality of a course. Consistently low Average Result value may indicate that the material is too difficult or poorly explained, or that the test questions are too hard or incorrectly constructed.
- The Attempts Completed, Attempts in Progress, and Users Assigned values help you track how many learners the course has been assigned to, and how many of them have started and completed it.
Distribution of Users
Select one of the radiobuttons to see either the By Result, or the By Progress graph:
- The By Result graph helps you understand how well learners are doing in terms of results. For every learner that has completed the course, his or her final result is added to the graph.
- The By Progress graph gives you a picture of how well learners are doing in terms of finishing the course. For every learner the course is assigned to, his or her current progress is added to the graph.
For every test in the course, this section displays the average result among all learners who have taken the test. Click the name of a test to expand the window and see more data:
- N Questions shows every question in the test, and for every question it shows the best result a learner has ever received on it.
- X/Y Users Completed shows every learner that has taken the test, and also the number of questions they answered correctly, as well as their best result on the test.
Every question in a test can be assigned one or more tags. For every tag included in the course, this section displays the percentage of questions with this tag that were answered correctly. Click the name of a tag to expand the window and see more data:
- The Tag Result Details value shows the percentage of questions with this tag that were answered correctly by every learner that has taken the test.
We recommend to read next articles